Jason Reitman Hates 3D and Thinks "Avatar" is Goofy


From worstpreviews, MovieRetriever sat down with director Jason Reitman (Juno, Thank You for Smoking) to talk about his new movie, "Up in the Air." During the conversation, the two covered many different topics, including 3D and James Cameron's "Avatar."

"First off, I hate 3D," Reitman said about Hollywood's latest favorite technique. "After about 20-30 minutes, I'm always like, 'Okay. I get it.'"

He then went on to say that after all the hype, he was very disappointed by the "Avatar" trailer. "I have to admit that I don't like the new 'Avatar trailer," he revealed. "Everyone likes the new one. It's the one everyone gets excited about. I'm like, 'I want to love this movie SO bad.' I'm the biggest [James] Cameron fan. I love every one of his films. I read all this hype about the new trailer. I went and watched and I was like, 'Oh. It still seems pretty goofy to me.'"

Reitman added that it's because Cameron is such a good director, that the trailer felt so average. "But, if it said, 'A new film from Paul W.S. Anderson (Resident Evil, Alien vs Predator).' You wouldn't be like, 'Wow. This looks like the best Paul W.S. Anderson film of all time.'"

And even though he didn't like the trailer, Reitman will still give the 3D movie a shot. "But I don't like 3D. I'm almost apt to see the movie in 2D," he stated.
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY