In My Skin (Dans Ma Peau)

(2002) **** ½

You may remember when I announced my French theme at the beginning of the month that I would be (with hesitation) watching a film about a woman who gets obsessed with a wound on her body. Well, this is it, and this is about all of a summary you’re getting from me. I had JPX watch it and he’ll back me up that it’s best to discover where this movie goes all on your own.

I would not recommend this film to any weak stomachs. I had some difficulty getting through this. Though, as nauseous as it made me at times, I find this film fascinating. It’s like a car wreck you can’t turn away from. I’m actually planning on viewing it a second time with the writer/director’s commentary.

I was on the fence with whether to give this four or four and a half stars, but I finally decided on four and a half for its originality, the superb acting by Marina de Van, who wrote and directed it, and most importantly for the natural progression of the plot. This is a concept that could have gone horribly wrong by seeming forced or fake, but it doesn’t do that for a second, and instead moves in unexpected yet probable ways.

If you want something different, and you have the stomach for it, then check this out. This is also a good one for the Laurent Lucas fans.

 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY