The most depressing painting ever?



As some of you know, I work in a mood disorders clinic. I’m in the oldest building on the Rhode Island Hospital grounds and as such my building doesn’t receive much love. The only painting that hangs in our hallway is pictured above. Every time I walk past it I feel sad. Sure it’s terrible art, but doesn’t it also evoke bleakness? I mean, what do you get from it? I see a kid that’s been abandoned by his parents in the Silent Hill world.



Seriously, who would hang this thing in a mood disorders clinic where people come to receive treatment for depression? The kid is standing next to a dumpster that says “sand box” (!) Okay I get that its sand for the icy sidewalk but it just makes the juxtaposition of the abandoned, soon to freeze to death or get kidnapped from a pedophile, boy all the more dreary. Aside from bad art, what do you see when you look at this thing?

I prefer this boss Six Million Dollar Man puzzle I assembled the other night,

 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY