Best Actor 1951: Results

5. Fredric March in Death of a Salesman- March portrays Wily Loman as completely insane, this one performance I really do not what to make of, but I certainly can say that it is not good.
4. Humphrey Bogart in The African Queen- Bogart's performance is largely functional for me. He sometimes goes above functionality and sometimes goes below it.
3. Arthur Kennedy in Bright Victory- Kennedy gives a very good performance as a blinded soldier. He is particularly strong when coming to grips with his situation, the performance becomes less interesting as the film goes on, but overall it is a strong performance.
2. Marlon Brando in A Streetcar Named Desire- Marlon Brando's performance is most certianly a great performance doing wonders with in some ways a simple character. Brando gives virile, as well as brutal performance, that somehow always is a pleasure to watch.
1. Montgomery Clift in A Place in the Sun- This is one big upset I suppose, even an upset to myself I think. Both Clift and Brando are in top form, and each give unforgettable performances. Clift's performance has the even greater emotional pull for me, and it is the performance I believe I will remember most from this year. This is not a slight at all to Brando, their performances are both brilliant, I just loved Clift's performance even more.
Deserving Performances:
Alastair Sim in Scrooge
Robert Walker in Strangers on a Train
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY