Caption Contest results, early!

Okay, I lied. I know that I was going to allow the contest to go until midnight but I decided to post the results now because I had an unexpected 2 hours to kill at work and I decided that I might as well get paid to do this!

I love you guys! You really stepped up to the plate for our little captain contest. As the entries trickled in I felt like I was reading a genuine comics page albeit a sarcastic version from an alternate universe. As some of you have told me, this game is not as easy as it first appears. I too found myself struggling to come up with anything for the Archie strip, and Rex Morgan threw me for a loop as well. Thank you for making me laugh all week long! In no particular order these are my favorite from each strip:



Catfreeek made me laugh with the hilarious suggestion that Peter wears the Spider-Man costume in bed and that even a superhero has his limitations!

The Amazing Spider-Man

Panel 1

"Seriously Peter, you need to get over it."

Panel 2

(Peter mumbling incoherently)

Panel 3

"It happens to everyone! Seriously! It's not like the whole world has to know Spider-man has erectile dysfunction!"




The Archie strip was especially challenging. I struggled with it until the 11th hour. It was a toss-up between Stan and JSP but in the end I went with JSP for being the first one to come up with the hallucinogen humor.

Archie

Panel 1:

"Coach Kleats survived the operation and is expected back at school next fall. Can you believe that Mr. Weatherbee chose Archie to take his place in the meantime?"

"Why am I sitting on the ground?"

"I just hope Archie comes up with a solid plan to beat Rival High on Sunday."

Panel 2: "Hey Arch, wanna buy some pot? It makes you creative."

Archie: "Well... now that you mention it, if I'm gonna coach the girls to victory over the River Rats I could use a few clever ideas."

Panel 3:

"Urban purple marshmallows danced the tango as I awaited the arrival of my space train. The butterflies amused themselves by critiquing the omelette that no one dared to eat."

Panel 4:

"Holy crap, this stuff is strong!"



Octo nailed the Hagar strip with a perfect gut-punching joke! When you really think about it, he’s right! Hagar’s wife would probably be shocked if she knew what his job truly entailed.

Hagar the Horrible

Panel 1

Helga: As a welcome back from a successful raid, I present your Hero's Sundae!

Panel 2

Silence

Panel 3

Hagar: I raped a whole family this morning.



I must admit that I pondered a dead Mr. Wilson gag but DCD nailed it perfectly! I want to see more from you, my dear!

Dennis the Menace

"Now remember Joey - if anyone asks, you haven't seen Mr. Wilson in days."



Whirlygirl’s stab at writing a Rex Morgan was absolutely perfect! If you really look at the strip while you read her words you will appreciate how well the rhythm of her prose matches the panels. I love the suggestion that Rex makes house calls and, even more, I love the idea that Rex is such a cheapskate that he goes to flea markets to acquire his attire. In the end I made Whirlygirl the winner because not only did she make me laugh but she did so with one of the more challenging strips. Congrats, Whirly!

Rex Morgan

Panel 1

Woman: Dr. Morgan, thank you for seeing me on such short notice.

Morgan: I expect those hemorrhoids to clear up in a jiffy.

Panel 2

Woman: One more thing...is there a clown convention in town?

Panel 3

Morgan: I have to stop shopping at flea markets.

I know 50 was busy but where are the rest of you (*cough cough AC, H-Town, Tami, Trevor, Landshark…)? Until next week, my friends, enjoy your weekend. I look forward to seeing Whirly’s picks!

What, you want the original strips? Without further ado,










 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY