Saw VI


(2009) **1/2
Jigsaw is back again - this time as an advocate for the Obama administration! Kind of. The first scene opens with a competition between two predatory lenders over who can cut off the most flesh within 60 seconds.
Wait, this sounds familiar. Oh, that's because I wrote almost the exact same thing last year. I ended last year speculating whether or not I'd watch all six Saw films this year. I did! But, I started in August, so the first three didn't count for Horrorthon. Many reviews I've read said that Saw 6 re-ignited the franchise, returning it to its film noir vibe and really delivering for friends. I agree that it's better than Saw 5, but Saw 6 still feels like it's dragging out the story needlessly, adding characters and twists, rather than bringing the story to a close. Still one of the better Saw films. And yet, many of the flashbacks won't make sense unless you've seen Saw 3 shortly before Saw 6. Indeed, one of the main climactic moments of Saw 3 is explained via flashbacks in Saw 6.
I've read that Saw 7 is more of a stand-alone film. I'll believe it when I see it. Review coming soon.
 

FREE HOT BODYPAINTING | HOT GIRL GALERRY